Business Office/Human Resources Coordinator
The Business Office / HR Coordinator is responsible for Business Office and HR-related business functions within a Santé Transitional Rehabilitation Center (TRC). The Coordinator provides assistance in processing Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable transactions. Additionally, the Coordinator works jointly with the external payroll processing company to ensure that payroll is processed appropriately for the TRC. The Coordinator assumes operational responsibility for management of all personnel records; including, new hire administration, data entry of personnel actions, interpretation of associate handbook and policies, etc. The Coordinator develops procedures for office activities, such as filing, records maintenance, typing, word processing, faxing and mail distribution.
- Gather and transmit daily A/R paperwork to the A/R Specialist.
- Deposit and scan checks/cash.
- Receive and verify daily deposits from the culinary department.
- Reconcile and distribute petty cash.
- Build and maintain spreadsheets for budget management.
- Retrieve and prepare A/P information for department directors.
- Reconcile gas receipts to ensure accuracy.
- Provide transaction information for A/P to post debit payments.
- Order office supplies.
- Initiate COBRA process & notify the external benefit administrators of applicable changes.
- Keep abreast of the benefits package for associates.
- Maintain benefit packets for new hires, and assist with facilitating open enrollment.
- Answer questions or gather information for MSI brokers (associate benefits).
- Coordinate associate medical, dental, vision insurance, 401(k) and Flexible Spending Account plans; confers with service providers and/or staff of third-party administrators; interpret plan policy and procedural requirements, coverage documents, responds to associate questions and complaints, and attempts to mediate benefit problems.
- Ensure benefit files and systems are kept updated with all current information.
- Collect, review and process all incoming documentation (benefit enrollment applications, status change reports, etc.) to ensure that complete and accurate information is provided including associate signatures on all benefit enrollment forms.
- Hiring & Onboarding
- Meet with new associates to collect, review and process new hire paperwork.
- Coordinate and facilitate new associate orientation including conducting 1:1 regulatory orientations as necessary, to ensure associates are knowledgeable of current practices and administrative processes.
- Ensure that the Employment Eligibility Verification (Form I-9) process is performed and employment authorization is obtained for every new associate, within the time mandated by the US Department of Homeland Security.
- Maintain personnel information, including but not limited to, processing new hires, separations, and other transactions via the HRIS.
- Process Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) paperwork (new associate on-boarding).
- Clear new associates for hire - Fingerprint Clearance, TB Clearance, Hep-B, etc.
- Recruting, place ads, screen candidates and forward resumes to hiring manager
Associate Relations, Counseling & Terminations
- Provide internal consultation to supervisors and managers; act as primary HR contact for associates. Act as the 1st point of contact for associates who wish to discuss a grievance or concern.
- Communicate policies and procedures to associates and others upon request, or as necessary.
- As part of the termination process, finalize Exit Interview paperwork and Disclosure of Disrespect, Abuse and Neglect form.
- Inform associates regarding a variety of procedures and program requirements (e.g. legal compliance guidelines (EEOC, FMLA, FLSA, ADA, etc.) for the purpose of providing necessary information for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or referring to someone else if appropriate.
- Investigate a variety of Human Resources related issues (e.g. EEOC, Wage and Hour, Harassment, ADA, Discrimination, employee disputes, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring that effective, legally compliant resolutions are arrived at in a timely manner and within Santé guidelines.
- Process and ensure accuracy of all on-line paperwork necessary to successfully complete the semi-monthly payroll cycle utilizing an external payroll service; including all new hire and employee status changes, non-exempt employee time sheets, medical leave calculations, manual checks, garnishments, final payments for separating associates, etc.
- Print new associate list with ID# for posting in the time clock.
- Reconcile shared staff invoices with time sheets.
- Maintain pay period specific files with signed time sheets and time corrections.
- Ensure compliance by monitoring associate files, critical due dates, and benefit eligibility by consistently using tracking methods to track outstanding items. Ensure salary rate, benefit, and status are reflected accurately in HRIS.
- Ensure facility compliance with city, local, state and federal policies and guidelines, including but not limited to: Employee Handbook, EEO, I-9, compensation and benefits, unemployment, ADA, FMLA, USERRA, and FLSA.
- Leave Administration (FMLA/Disability/etc.)
- Run daily punch detail for PPD spreadsheet.
- Facilitate record retention for all applicable HR-related documents.
- Work with Business Office/HR Coordinators at other Santé facilities to transfer associates between facilities; including, transferring personnel and confidential files, working with payroll system to transfer the associate record within the online system, etc.
- Respond to written and verbal employment verification requests.
- Compile and report Quarterly Turnover data.
- Track licenses & certifications, and notify department directors when renewals are due.
- Daily Benchmarking.
- Retrieve and prepare HR information, as requested.
- Review and maintain workplace injury records, and facilitate process.
- Input workplace injury data, and maintain Associate Injury binders.
- Workers Compensation management.
- Other duties, include but are not limited to:
- Provide back-up coverage to the front reception Concierge, if needed.
- Compile associate census reports for birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
- Attends and participates in continuing educational programs.
Licensure and Certifications:
- PHR/SPHR certification through SHRM desirable.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in office management, including payroll processing and intermediate human resources required.
- Experience in Human Resources, with sufficient experience in employee relations, conducting investigations, and problem solving strongly preferred.
- Experience with PayChex is a plus, but not required.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Must be familiar with a variety of the field concepts, practices, and procedures related to payroll processing, AP, AR and Human Resources.
Able to relate positively, favorably and cooperatively with others, including physicians, associates, guests, visitors, and personnel of outside agencies and organizations.
- Must have the ability to hold in confidence any information regarding guests, personnel, or any other matters which are confidential in nature.
- Fosters teamwork by trusting and supporting each other while encouraging collaboration at all levels of the organization. Embraces diversity and demonstrates the ability to work together.
- Must demonstrate outstanding verbal communication, customer-focus and problem solving skills; excellent judgment and a proactive manner are required.
- Must be capable of working under pressure in a busy setting, projecting a friendly and professional image. Must be versatile and adapt to changing job duties and priorities, and/or emergent or stressful situations.
- Participates in the ongoing development of competencies, capabilities, technology and the resources needed to achieve high standards of efficiency and effectiveness. Approaches everything with the passion and desire to meet the highest standards.
- Adheres to ethical business practices by striving to perform in a manner that conforms to the highest standards of ethical behavior, integrity and honesty.
- Utilizes material, equipment and time in a safe, beneficial, and cost effective manner.
- Must be familiar with computer applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Santé offers full-time employee benefits including insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/pet/disability), PTO, paid holidays, 401 (k) savings, wellness discounts and employee assistance programs (travel, legal, counseling)
To be the undisputed leader in quality and innovation in senior housing and post-acute care.
To provide the highest quality of care and customer satisfaction delivered with warmth, individual pride and team spirit.
• Put people first
• Commit to excellence
• Live a spirit to serve
• Embrace optimism
• Execute best practices
Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to provide documentation confirming authorization to work in the United States. Santé is not able to support VISA sponsorship. To be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Your employment with Santé is at will. This means your employment is for an indefinite period and it is subject to termination by you or Santé with or without cause, with or without notice, and at any time. http://santecares.com/
Santé is “One Team United” and is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer