Certified Occupational Therapist Asst. (COTA) - Full Time - Home Health - West PHX Valley
FULL TIME position available for a Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant in our West Phoenix territory, which includes Peoria, Surprise, Glendale, Litchfield Park, Goodyear, Phoenix, Laveen, Buckeye.
This is a Full Time-Hourly position with competitive wage and benefits including IT package (iPad/iPhone) for business use, monthly travel stipend, health & wellness benefits, retirement plan, paid time off, paid holidays, and more!
Sante' Home Health along with KC's Home Health Care is a full-service Medicare & CHAP certified Home Health agency committed to providing “Care with Compassion” and fulfilling the needs of the community to the best of our ability. We strive to develop innovative solutions through education to enhance home health care services to our clients, respect all human life and dignity, strive to improve quality of life, and encourage all of our caregivers to share in our mission.
The Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) is responsible for providing Occupational Therapy services to patients on an intermittent basis in their place of residence by assisting in the treatment, program planning and implementation, related documentation, and communication while functioning under the supervision of the Occupational Therapist.
- Conducts treatments as assigned by the Occupational Therapist and outlined in the treatment plan that includes but is not limited to areas of muscle strength, coordination, mobility, sensory awareness, sitting and standing, transfer training, balance activities, gait training, range of motion activities and modalities.
- Assists in the selection of Occupational Therapy techniques and in the sequence of activities, adapts techniques as indicated by patient performance and following consultation with the Occupational Therapist. No major modification to the treatment plan is made without prior consultation with the Occupational Therapist.
- Monitors patient’s response to intervention and consults with Occupational Therapist if modification is required.
- Assists in establishing and modifying individual patient schedules in conjunction with the Occupational Therapist and other team members.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes.
- Associates degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited program.
- Successful completion of National Certification Examination for Occupational Therapist Assistant.
- Current COTA license in good standing to practice in the state of Arizona
- Current CPR Certification
- Current Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Valid driver’s license with maintenance of safe driving record and a reliable automobile that is insured in accordance with state requirements.
- Two (2) years’ experience as a COTA required.
- One (1) year experience in Home Health preferred.
- Experience in gerontology preferred.
- Kinnser experience preferred.
To be the undisputed leader in quality and innovation and an invaluable partner in the healthcare community.
To provide the highest quality of care and customer satisfaction delivered with warmth, individual pride and team spirit.
- Put people first
- Commit to excellence
- Live a spirit to serve
- Embrace optimism
- Execute best practices
Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to provide documentation confirming authorization to work in the United States. Santé is not able to support VISA sponsorship. To be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Your employment with Santé is at will. This means your employment is for an indefinite period and it is subject to termination by you or Santé with or without cause, with or without notice, and at any time. http://santecares.com/Santé is “One Team United” and is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.