Director of Nursing (DON) - Tucson
Santé Tucson is hiring a Director of Nursing (DON). The ideal candidate will have skilled nursing/long-term care clinical managerial experience, be able to administer clinical operations and staff for our 102-bed property, located near the Tucson Medical Center. We require candidates with post-acute or short-term rehab nursing management experience, superior standards of care, a “service” attitude, strong regulatory practices and a leadership style that builds cohesive teams. Santé offers benefits including medical/dental/life/vision/disability/401(k) savings/PTO/Paid Holidays/employee assistance programs and wellness discounts.
- Responsible for the overall coordination and execution of nursing services, including monitoring and evaluating the outcomes of nursing care.
- Develop, maintain and implement nursing policies and procedures that conform to current standards of nursing practice, facility culture, and operational policies while maintaining compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Make daily rounds to ensure that nursing practice in the facility reflects the following nursing skills.
- Communicate directly with guest, families, medical staff, nursing staff, interdisciplinary team member and department leaders to coordinate care and services, promote participation in care plans, and maintain a high quality of care and experience for guests.
- Develop and implement an organized nursing system for the delivery of care and services which may include, but is not limited to, coordination of nursing services with other services and departments. Utilize the expertise of other departments and services to address nursing issues in facilitating delivery of guest services.
- Develop and monitor budget for nursing department.
- Execute the recruitment, selection, retention and training of nursing personnel and assure enough associates are hired
- Three (3) years of nursing supervisory experience in a skilled nursing facility as a Director of Nursing or Assistant is required.
- Currently hold an RN license through the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) years’ experience in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices is preferred.
- Strong communication skills, fostering teamwork across departments for a holistic service approach.
- Experience with skilled nursing facility operations, regulations. Operations, staffing, budgeting, marketing, community outreach and information management.
To be the undisputed leader in quality and innovation in senior housing and post-acute care.
To provide the highest quality of care and customer satisfaction delivered with warmth, individual pride and team spirit.
- Put people firs
- Commit to excellence
- Live a spirit to serve
- Embrace optimism
- Execute best practices
Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to provide documentation confirming authorization to work in the United States. Santé is not able to support VISA sponsorship. To be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Your employment with Santé is at will. This means your employment is for an indefinite period and it is subject to termination by you or Santé with or without cause, with or without notice, and at any time. http://santecares.com/ Santé is “One Team United” and is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Job Reference #: SOT0000005