Ex. Chef/Dining Services Manager
Santé Scottsdale is seeking Ex. Chef/Dining Services Manager who is a dynamic, experienced, team-oriented and quality focused culinary professional. This is a hands-on, working Executive Chef position and is responsible for the planning, organizing, developing, and directing the overall operation of the Culinary Services Department. The Ex Chef will assure that quality nutritional services are provided daily, supervise and coach culinary staff and maintain the kitchen and dining room in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner. We offer restaurant style menu service daily, seven days a week from 7:00am to 7:00pm, plus room tray service and food services in our lobby Bistro.
Santé offers benefits including insurance (medical, dental, vision, disability, life and pet) PTO, paid holidays, 401(k) savings, employee assistance & wellness discounts
- Collaborate with Dietitian in planning regular and special diet menus as prescribed by the attending physician.
- Oversee food production, assisting as necessary, to provide made-to-order menu selections for guests, staff and visitors.
- Manage culinary and dining room staff. (hiring, mentoring, training, weekly payroll approvals and schedules, budgets, ordering and guest services.
- Ensure that all food storage rooms, preparation areas, etc., are maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner.
- Assist in interviewing/obtaining food supply vendors, and in the purchasing of food service supplies, equipment, etc., as required.
- Ensure that all Culinary Services personnel are aware of the care plan and that care plans are used in planning daily Culinary Services for the patient.
- Assist in preparing and planning the Culinary Service's budget for food, equipment, supplies, and labor, and submit to the Administrator for review, recommendations, and approval.
- Develop and maintain a file of tested standard recipes.
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies, and review and assist in developing a plan of correction for Culinary Services service deficiencies noted
- Process diet changes and new diets as received from nursing services.
- Assist the Discharge Planning Coordinator in planning the Culinary Services portion of the patient's discharge plan.
- Interview patients or family members, as necessary, to obtain diet history, and maintain records of the patient's food likes and dislikes
- Graduate of an accredited culinary training program or a course in dietetic training approved by the American Dietetic Association. Certified Dietary Manager a plus!
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years professional, commercial cooking experience. Experience with planning, creating and executing nutrition or diet specific meal a plus.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a supervisory capacity in a commercial kitchen, supervisory experience in a hospital, nursing care facility, or healthcare environment strongly preferred.
- Must hold a current Food Handler's Card.
- Must have experience in cost control, food management, dietary therapy, creating menus, managing staff and strong commitment to high levels of guest services.
To be the undisputed leader in quality and innovation in senior housing and post-acute care.
To provide the highest quality of care and customer satisfaction delivered with warmth, individual pride and team spirit.
- Put people first
- Commit to excellence
- Live a spirit to serve
- Embrace optimism
- Execute best practices
Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to provide documentation confirming authorization to work in the United States. Santé is not able to support VISA sponsorship. To be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Your employment with Santé is at will. This means your employment is for an indefinite period and it is subject to termination by you or Santé with or without cause, with or without notice, and at any time. http://santecares.com/. Santé is “One Team United” and is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.