Health Information (HIM) Assistant- Full-time - Mesa
Santé Mesa is hiring a Health Information (HIM) Assistant. This is a full time, Monday-Friday position. The Health Information Assistant is responsible for assisting the HIM Director in maintaining guest health records. The HIM Assistant will also provide back-up support to the building receptionist. Santé Mesa is an award-winning, transitional rehabilitative facility located on Baseline off the U.S. 60 and Higley. We offer benefits including insurance (medical, dental, pet, disability and vision), 401K savings plan, PTO, paid holidays, employee assistance programs and wellness discounts
- Collect, review (physical and electronic), assemble, check for completion, and scan guest electronic medical records.
- Maintain a record of authorized information released from electronic medical records/records, i.e., type information, name of recipient, date, department, etc.
- Abstract information from records as authorized/required for insurance companies, Medicare, Medicaid, VA, etc.
- Index health information.
- Retrieve health information (manually/electronically) when requested by authorized personnel (i.e., physicians, nurses, government agencies and personnel, etc.). Deliver as necessary.
- Scan and manage information such as nurses’ notes, guest assessments, progress notes, laboratory reports, x-ray results, correspondence, etc., into guest’s electronic medical record.
- Order office supplies as requested.
- Answer telephone inquiries concerning health information functions. Prepare written correspondence as necessary.
- File active and inactive records in accordance with established policies.
- Input guest orders into electronic medical record as instructed
- Minimum of one (1) year recent healthcare admin/clerical experience required. Experience is typically found in medical offices, hospitals or other healthcare environment in a records/administrative capacity.
- A working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Experience in medical records, unit secretary, or healthcare field.
- Must have strong computer literacy skills; able to navigate systems easily.
To be the undisputed leader in quality and innovation in senior housing and post-acute care.
To provide the highest quality of care and customer satisfaction delivered with warmth, individual pride and team spirit.
- Put people first
- Commit to excellence
- Live a spirit to serve
- Embrace optimism
- Execute best practices
Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to provide documentation confirming authorization to work in the United States. Santé is not able to support VISA sponsorship. To be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Your employment with Santé is at will. This means your employment is for an indefinite period and it is subject to termination by you or Santé with or without cause, with or without notice, and at any time. http://santecares.com/. Santé is “One Team United” and is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: SOM00000023