Hospice Medical Social Worker (MSW) PRN/On Call- West Valley
Santé Hospice is seeking to hire a Medical Social Worker (MSW) for PRN/On Call shifts in the West Valley. The Hospice Social Worker is responsible for the implementation of standards of care for medical social work services with assigned hospice patients. The MSW assesses the social, emotional and situational stress factors related to the patient's illness, need for care, ongoing counseling, bereavement services and community education, outreach and referral.
- Assesses the psychosocial status of patients and families/caregivers related to the patient’s terminal illness and environment; communicates findings to the registered nurse and other members of the interdisciplinary group.
- Carries out social evaluations, including family dynamics, caregiver abilities, communication patterns, high-risks for suicide, neglect or abuse and plans intervention based on evaluation findings. Counsels patient and family/caregivers as needed in relationship to stress, and other identified coping difficulties. Provides crisis intervention when necessary.
- Assesses for, and educates interdisciplinary group, on any special needs related to the culture of the patient and family.
- Maintains clinical records on all patients referred to social work.
- Educates patients and families on, and assists in, preparation of advanced directives.
- Provides information and referral services for organization patients and families/caregivers regarding practical and environmental needs and community agencies.
- Serves as liaison between patients and families/caregivers and community agencies.
- Participates in the development of the individualized plan of care, involving the patient and family, and attends regularly scheduled interdisciplinary group meetings, assisting the team in recognizing the effects of the psychosocial stresses on the symptoms of the terminal illness.
- Assists family and patient in planning for funeral arrangements, financial, legal, and health care decision responsibilities
- ??????Minimum of one (1) year social work experience in healthcare required.
- Hospice experience preferred.
- A graduate of a bachelor’s program in social work, master’s preferred.
- OR has a bachelor’s degree in psychology, sociology plus 1 year of social work experience in a healthcare setting. Valid driver's license with maintenance of safe driving record and an automobile that is insured in accordance with state requirements.
- Possesses and maintains current CPR certification.
- Understands hospice philosophy, and issues of death/dying.
- Clean driving record and dependable transportation
To be the undisputed leader in quality and innovation in senior housing and post-acute care.
To provide the highest quality of care and customer satisfaction delivered with warmth, individual pride and team spirit.
- Put people first
- Commit to excellence
- Live a spirit to serve
- Embrace optimism
- Execute best practices
Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to provide documentation confirming authorization to work in the United States. Santé is not able to support VISA sponsorship. To be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Your employment with Santé is at will. This means your employment is for an indefinite period and it is subject to termination by you or Santé with or without cause, with or without notice, and at any time. http://santecares.com/. Santé is “One Team United” and is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer