| The Housekeeper is responsible for performing the day-to-day activities of the Environmental Services Department, to assure that the facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner. |
- Ensure that work/cleaning schedules are followed as closely as practical.
- Follow proper techniques when mixing chemicals, disinfectants, and solutions used for cleaning. Refer to manufacturers instructions when necessary, and use appropriate personal protective equipment and supplies when handling infectious materials and/or hazardous wastes or chemicals.
- Clean/polish furnishings, fixtures, ledges, room heating/cooling units, etc., in patient rooms, recreational areas, etc.
- Clean, wash, sanitize, and/or polish bathroom fixtures. Ensure that water marks are removed from fixtures.
- Clean windows/mirrors in patient rooms, recreational areas, bathrooms, and entrance/exit ways.
- Clean floors, to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, stripping, waxing, buffing, disinfecting, vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, etc.
- Clean walls and ceilings by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc.
- Remove dirt, dust, grease, film, etc., from surfaces using proper cleaning/disinfecting solutions.
- Clean hallways, stairways, and elevators.
- Perform isolation cleaning procedures in accordance with established infection control procedures.
- Discard infectious wastes into appropriate containers.
- Minimum of six (6) months of previous Environmental Services experience OR a minimum of one (1) year of previous Customer Service experience required.
- Housekeeping experience strongly preferred.
In order to be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Without this information, candidates cannot be considered for positions to which they may be qualified.
Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to complete the U.S. Department Homeland Securitys I-9 form confirming authorization to work in the United States. Sante is not able to support VISA sponsorships.