Santé of Surprise is hiring a part-time MDS/RAI Coordinator
• Complete assessments, Minimum Data Set (MDS) and care plans for all guests assigned.
• Monitor completion of MDSs by other disciplines within timeframes prescribed by regulatory guidelines.
• Advise supervisor of incomplete and/or untimely assessments by disciplines other than nursing.
• Ensure accurate, timely completion of the MDS/RAPs/Triggers sheet for assigned guests.
• Initiate care plans and supporting activities that will result in best possible outcome for assigned guests.
• Advises Director of Nursing of persistent issues related to non-compliant documentation on
• Facilitate the completion and updating of guest care plans within the MDS Department and the IDT to reflect the guest’s most current needs.
• Participate in facility staff education as it relates to the RAI process, and the coordination
of obtaining accurate documentation from direct care staff.
• Compile data reports based on MDS data as requested by the Administrator and/or Director of Nursing.
• Schedule the ARD’s (Assessment Reference Date) for Payment Assessments with the Rehab
Director daily, weekly and as needed in a manner that accurately captures the RUG (Resource Utilization Group) category.
• Provide a schedule of ARD’s and Assessment types weekly and as needed to the IDT to facilitate the timely completion of MDS sections and CAA’s (Care Area Assessments) by each discipline.
• Schedule all OBRA (Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act) ARD’s daily, monthly and PRN. Coordinate the completion of MDS sections according to facility assignments.
• Provide confirmation for the transmission file and review the printed initial and final validation report.
The MDS/RAI Coordinator is responsible for assuring the timely completion of accurate assessments and interdisciplinary care plans. The MDS/RAI Coordinator identifies guest acuity and needs, helping to determine specific care needs and communicating needs /expectations to families and responsible parties. He/she will facilitate the completion of Omnibus Reconciliation Act (OBRA) and Prospective Payment System (PPS) assessments.
Must currently hold a current, unencumbered RN or LPN/LVN license through the Arizona State Board of Nursing or valid, current compact license.
Must have a minimum of one (1) year RN or LPN experience.
Must currently hold 3.0 MDS Certification OR have a minimum of one (1) year structured 3.0 training experience.
Must have an active working knowledge of the RAI process in completing data collection duties.
Must have experience with completion of the CAA worksheets and application of the
comprehensive care plan.
Knowledge of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations and
guidelines that pertain to long-term care.
Must be capable of working under pressure in a busy setting, projecting a friendly and
Current CPR and fingerprint clearance card required.
To be the undisputed leader in quality and innovation in senior housing and post-acute care.
To provide the highest quality of care and customer satisfaction delivered with warmth, individual pride and team spirit.
- Put people first
- Commit to excellence
- Live a spirit to serve
- Embrace optimism
- Execute best practices
Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to provide documentation confirming authorization to work in the United States. Santé is not able to support VISA sponsorship. To be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Your employment with Santé is at will. This means your employment is for an indefinite period and it is subject to termination by you or Santé with or without cause, with or without notice, and at any time. http://santecares.com/. Santé is “One Team United” and is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.