Medical Orders Specialist - Home Health
Sante’ Home Health, along with KC’s Home Health Care currently has an opening for a Medical Orders Specialist. As part of the Home Health Administrative team, the Medical Orders Specialist is responsible for insuring the timely process and completion of physician medical orders in compliance with agency, state and federal compliance and billing guidelines. Shift is Monday-Friday, approx. 8:30am– 5:00pm. This position is based out of our main Sante’ Operations office in N. Scottsdale (101 & Princess Dr.)
Sante' Home Health is a Medicare & CHAP certified Home Health agency committed to providing "Care with Compassion", providing a variety of services to patients in the comfort of their residence. Our services include: nursing, physical, occupational and speech therapy, social workers, and home health aides.
A full time position with the Agency provides a full benefit package including insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, pet, disability), 401k savings, PTO, paid holidays, EAP programs, and wellness discounts.
- Process all Certifications, Plans of Care, and Interim verbal Medical Orders for Agency, including entering required information into computer tracking system for outgoing and incoming orders.
- Review physician orders for accuracy and compliance components. Fix and update medical orders for those errors within scope of practice. Additional errors returned to Clinical and Quality staff with recommendations for correction.
- Provide technical guidance to visiting staff and clinical management in creating medical orders and maneuvering through the electronic records system.
- Fix and update medical orders before sending to MD for signature, document in patient record.
- Follow up and insure the return of delinquent medical orders. Identify problems related to medical orders processing, including insurance and regulatory requirements and follow up to insure timely processing.
- Triage Medical Order phone calls and email requests. Perform Medical Order functions including: filing, computer input, printing, and mail processing.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Minimum of two (2) years medical record or medical office experience required.
- High School graduate or GED required; Associates Degree preferred.
- Knowledgeable of medical practices, terminology and procedures, as well as laws, regulations and guidelines that pertain to home health.
- Able to relate positively, favorably and cooperatively with others, including physicians, associates, and personnel of outside agencies and organizations.
- Must be versatile and adapt to changing job duties and priorities, and/or emergent or stressful situations.
To be the undisputed leader in quality and innovation and an invaluable partner in the healthcare community.
To provide the highest quality of care and customer satisfaction delivered with warmth, individual pride and team spirit.
- Put people first
- Commit to excellence
- Live a spirit to serve
- Embrace optimism
- Execute best practices
Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to provide documentation confirming authorization to work in the United States. Santé is not able to support VISA sponsorship. To be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Your employment with Santé is at will. This means your employment is for an indefinite period and it is subject to termination by you or Santé with or without cause, with or without notice, and at any time. http://santecares.com/. Santé is “One Team United” and is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer