Medical Records Specialist
Santé Home Health is hiring a skilled Medical Records Specialist. Based in our Operations office in N. Scottsdale, this role is the foundation of our Home Health division. We are seeking a highly organized person with a demonstrated sense of urgency, dedication to the details, strong follow-up, and no phone fear! You’ll have wicked keyboard and data entry skills, understand medical terminology and key healthcare industry roles. Santé offers benefits including insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, disability), paid sick time, PTO, 401(k), wellness discounts and employee assistance programs. This is a Monday-Friday, day shift position.
- Process all Certifications, Plans of Care, and Interim verbal Medical Orders.
- Review physician orders for accuracy and compliance components. Fix and update medical orders, as necessary.
- Provide technical guidance to visiting staff and clinical management in creating medical orders and maneuvering through the electronic records system.
- Obtain physician signature on medical orders.
- Follow up and insure the return of delinquent medical orders. Identify problems related to medical orders processing, including insurance and regulatory requirements and follow up to insure timely processing.
- Triage Medical Order phone calls and email requests. Perform Medical Order functions including: filing, computer input, printing, and mail processing
- Minimum of one (1) year medical record or medical office experience strongly preferred.
- High School/GED required; Associate degree preferred.
- Knowledge of medical/clinical terminology needed.
- Experience navigating Kinser and PCC strongly preferred.
- Proficient computer/technology literacy.
- Demonstrates outstanding verbal communication, customer-focus and problem-solving skills, and a proactive manner.
- Able to work quickly and efficiently under pressure in a busy setting while projecting a friendly and professional image. Versatile and adaptable to changing job duties and priorities.
To be the undisputed leader in quality and innovation in senior housing and post-acute care.
To provide the highest quality of care and customer satisfaction delivered with warmth, individual pride and team spirit.
- Put people first
- Commit to excellence
- Live a spirit to serve
- Embrace optimism
- Execute best practices
Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to provide documentation confirming authorization to work in the United States. Santé is not able to support VISA sponsorship. To be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Your employment with Santé is at will. This means your employment is for an indefinite period and it is subject to termination by you or Santé with or without cause, with or without notice, and at any time. http://santecares.com/. Santé is “One Team United” and is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.