Nursing Staffing Coordinator-Central Supply - FT- Mesa
As part of the nursing staff, the Staffing Coordinator/Central Supply Clerk plays a critical role in the operations of the nursing department. This role will combine duties from both areas of staff scheduling and inventory control. Santé offer benefits including insurance (medical, dental, vision, pet, disability, life), paid holidays and PTO, 401(k), employee assistance programs and wellness discounts.
In this unique position, the Staffing Coordinator/Central Supply Clerk will be responsible for the day-to-day scheduling and coordinating of nursing personnel to ensure that each shift is adequately staffed per federal, state, and local staffing requirements. AND responsible for ensuring that medical supplies and equipment are ordered, received and stocked in an efficient manner, in accordance with current guidelines.
- In collaboration with the Director of Nursing, the Scheduler is responsible for critical real-time decisions regarding increases and reductions and re-allocation of labor.
- Tracks labor, including but not limited to: overtime and additional hours, time off requests and approvals, attendance tracking/reporting, schedule creation and schedule changes.
- Uses creative and flexible scheduling techniques to ensure that the schedule is always current and up to date.
- Supports and participates in the hiring process of nursing personnel.
- Collaborates with the Director of Nursing to coordinate the assignment of staff to perform nursing care of all types, while ensuring that the staff to guest ratio meets mandated staffing guidelines for nursing care facilities.
- Ensure all telephone orders are confirmed with a written purchase order.
- Ensure all purchase orders are properly prepared, signed and submitted as required in procurement policies and procedures.
- Assist in preparing correspondence and claims concerning damaged merchandise, errors in shipment, etc., and return to vendor as required.
- Evaluate usage of supplies on an ongoing basis and adjust supply par levels and stock accordingly. Assist in developing methods for determining quantity of supplies and equipment required.
- Evaluate expiration dates as necessary and rotate stock accordingly.
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the purchasing agent concerning procurement procedures as directed.
- Ensure various departments are properly charged with supplies they have received for cost allocation purposes.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience performing scheduling/staffing of healthcare hourly associates is required
- Must possess at least two years’ experience in the medical field or central supply.
- Previous Central Supply, hospital warehouse or distribution work with medical supplies desired.
- High school diploma or GED required.
To be the undisputed leader in quality and innovation in senior housing and post-acute care.
To provide the highest quality of care and customer satisfaction delivered with warmth, individual pride and team spirit.
- Put people first
- Commit to excellence
- Live a spirit to serve
- Embrace optimism
- Execute best practices
Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to provide documentation confirming authorization to work in the United States. Santé is not able to support VISA sponsorship. To be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Your employment with Santé is at will. This means your employment is for an indefinite period and it is subject to termination by you or Santé with or without cause, with or without notice, and at any time. http://santecares.com/. Santé is “One Team United” and is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: SOM00000010