Part-time Culinary Guest Associate (Server) - Mesa
Sante of Mesa is hiring a part-time Culinary Guest Associate (Server). This position is responsible to perform duties related to food preparation, service and/or general maintenance in a kitchen or dining area as well as maintains food service facilities in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Adhere to, uphold, and champion the Santé Values.
- Assist in serving meals as necessary, on a timely basis and in accordance with established portion control procedures.
- Inventories food, condiment and supplies for the purpose of ensuring availability of items required for meeting project menu requirements.
- Assist in daily or scheduled cleaning duties, including; but not limited to:
- Clean work tables, meat blocks, refrigerators/freezers, etc.
- Sweep and mop floors as directed.
- Carry soiled utensils, etc., to wash area.
- Return clean utensils to proper storage areas.
- Wash and clean utensils as directed.
- Carry out garbage and keep work areas clean, dry and free of hazardous equipment, supplies, etc.
- Perform dishwashing/cleaning procedures.
- Set up meal trays, food carts, dining room, etc., as instructed.
- Assist cook in preparing meals. Prepare food in accordance with sanitary regulations as well as within Santé’s established policies and procedures.
- Distribute and collect menus as necessary.
- Ensure that food and supplies for the next meal are readily available.
- Assist in checking diet trays before distribution.
- Deliver food carts, trays, etc., to designated areas.
- Remove food trays from carts, dining rooms, etc., and take to dishwashing area.
- Prepare and deliver snacks, etc., as instructed.
- Assist in maintaining food storage areas in a clean and properly arranged manner at all times.
- Dispose of food and waste in accordance with established policies.
- Assist in inventorying and storing incoming food, supplies, etc., as necessary.
- Make only authorized food substitutions.
- Assist in food preparation for special meals, for parties, etc.
- Work with the facility’s Dietitian/Culinary Services Director as necessary and implement recommended changes as required.
- Ensure that all food procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the Culinary Services department.
Licensure and/or Certifications:
- Must currently hold, or be able to obtain, a Food Handler’s Card.
- Preferred one year of experience in a customer service role in a retail, hospitality or food service environment
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to follow policies and procedures including success with cash handling procedures.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Demonstrated initiative in prior work experience.
- Team player with ability to multitask and self-identify work that needs to be done.
- Able to relate positively, favorably and cooperatively with others, including physicians, associates, guests, visitors, and personnel of outside agencies and organizations.
- Must have the ability to hold in confidence any information regarding guests, personnel, or any other matters which are confidential in nature.
- Fosters teamwork by trusting and supporting each other while encouraging collaboration at all levels of the organization. Embraces diversity and demonstrates the ability to work together.