RN Psych - Home Health - FT or PRN
Sante' Home Health, along with KC’s Home Health Care is a full-service Medicare & CHAP certified Home Health agency committed to providing “Care with Compassion” and fulfilling the needs of the community to the best of our ability. We strive to develop innovative solutions through education to enhance home health care services to our clients, respect all human life and dignity, strive to improve quality of life, and encourage all of our caregivers to share in our mission.
Our services include: nursing, physical, occupational and speech therapy, social workers and home health aides. Specialized programming is available for those with COPD, pain, and congestive heart failure. We are seeking experienced home health professionals who enjoy variety, mobility and are focused on the needs of our patients.
We are looking for Home Health Registered Nurses with Psychiatric experience to provide care to our patients in their homes - we service Phoenix and all surrounding areas.
A Full Time position will be considered based on area of coverage, previous experience, and willingness & ability to perform skilled nursing duties beyond primary scope of Psych practice.
Must have IV & wound care experience.
The Psychiatric Nurse:
Is responsible for professional home nursing services to the adult or geriatric patients experiencing psychiatric mental health disorders. Provision of care includes: Mental health patient assessment, patient and caregiver education, development and revision of the plan of care, monitoring effectiveness of psychotropic medications and working with physician on dosage adjustments, psychosocial support, observation and reporting of any behavioral changes and work with patients on coping skills and independence.
- Promote the level of clinical expertise required of staff to provide safe, high quality nursing care
- Performs appropriate documentation to maintain the standards set by the Agency - complete and submit OASIS assessments, reassessments, transfers, resumptions of care, discharges, and significant change in condition in accordance with Agency defined time frames.
- Evaluates/assists in evaluation of appropriateness of plan of care and revise on an ongoing basis with communication to all other disciplines.
- Plans, teaches, supervises and counsels regarding physical care measures to promote improvement/recover, symptom/complication management, expected disease progression, social/emotional care and community resources
- Reviews results of laboratory tests and other diagnostic procedures.
- Perform comprehensive assessments of physical, emotional, psychosocial, and environmental needs of the patient.
- Works in collaboration with MD or Psychiatrist to monitor, request and adjust psychiatric medications.
- Educates patients/caregivers on side effects, diet and safety factors of new medications.
- Provides crisis services, education and individual therapy for patients, families and caregivers. Identifies problems, assesses level of function and plans intervention strategies, possible placement, provides treatment and coordinates services with other members of the health care team.
- Three (3) years nursing experience, preferred. Home Health experience preferred.
- Two (2) year experience working with patients experiencing psychiatric mental health disorders required.
- Current CPR Certification
- Current Arizona Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
- Current, unencumbered AZ RN license or compact license required.
- Valid driver's license with proof of insurance in accordance with state requirements. 100% travel required
To be the undisputed leader in quality and innovation and an invaluable partner in the healthcare community.
To provide the highest quality of care and customer satisfaction delivered with warmth, individual pride and team spirit.
- Put people first
- Commit to excellence
- Live a spirit to serve
- Embrace optimism
- Execute best practices
Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to provide documentation confirming authorization to work in the United States. Santé is not able to support VISA sponsorship. To be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Your employment with Santé is at will. This means your employment is for an indefinite period and it is subject to termination by you or Santé with or without cause, with or without notice, and at any time. http://santecares.com/Santé is “One Team United” and is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
No Staffing Service inquiries please.