RN - Quality Assurance and Improvement Nurse
The Quality Assurance and Improvement Nurse works at the Operations level is in a pivotal position to provide balance between the provision of integrated patient care and success of the Sante mission. In this role, the Quality Assurance and Improvement Nurse shifts the spotlight from a solely nursing perspective to the systems approach in support of patient care. The response that follows is often a redoubling of the efforts of health care providers to render more efficient and cohesive care to patients. In the end, success is an outgrowth of strong teamwork combined with the ability of the executive to connect the Operations business strategy with the provision of patient care wherever it is delivered.
Assist the Operations Team with the implementation of clinical models and systems throughout the Sante/Encore Continuum of Care.
Complete education sessions upon request.
Assists with new Director of Nursing (DON) orientation and training.
Monitors for the ongoing implementation and effectiveness of facility systems to maintain regulatory compliance and meet quality standards.
Conducts QAPI audits and monitors compliance to PIPs
Conducts on-site unannounced and announced mock surveys in accordance with the Corporate Compliance Schedule.
Provide status reports to the VP of Clinical Operations relative to property progress and performance improvement plans.
Other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Clinical Operations.
- Must have a current Registered Nurse license, Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required.
- At least 2 years management experience in Long Term Care or Skilled Nursing Facility AND
- At least 2 years of experience in overseeing or active participation in the QAPI activities of the facility
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to apply business principles including systems thinking, to the healthcare environment; basic business principles include (a) financial management, (b) human resource management, (c) organizational dynamics and governance, (d) strategic planning and marketing, (e) information management, (f) risk management, and (g) quality improvement.
- Must have the ability to hold in confidence any information regarding guests, personnel, or any other matters which are confidential in nature.
- Fosters teamwork by trusting and supporting each other while encouraging collaboration at all levels of the organization. Embraces diversity and demonstrates the ability to work together.
- Must demonstrate outstanding verbal communication, customer-focus and problem solving skills, excellent judgment and proactive manner are required.
- Must be capable of working under pressure in a busy setting, projecting a friendly and professional image. Must be versatile and adapt to changing job duties and priorities, and/or emergent or stressful situations.
- Participates in the ongoing development of competencies, capabilities, technology and the resources needed to achieve high standards of efficiency and effectiveness. Approaches everything with the passion and desire to meet the highest standards.
To be the undisputed leader in quality and innovation in senior housing and post-acute care.
To provide the highest quality of care and customer satisfaction delivered with warmth, individual pride and team spirit.
- Put people first
- Commit to excellence
- Live a spirit to serve
- Embrace optimism
- Execute best practices
Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to provide documentation confirming authorization to work in the United States. Santé is not able to support VISA sponsorship. To be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Your employment with Santé is at will. This means your employment is for an indefinite period and it is subject to termination by you or Santé with or without cause, with or without notice, and at any time. http://santecares.com/. Santé is “One Team United” and is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.