Social Services Coordinator
The Social Service Coordinator assesses the social, emotional and situational stress factors related to the guest's illness, need for care, response to treatment and adjustment to care. The SSC also develops and carries out a Plan of Care requested by the physician who will enhance the guest's capacity to function in his/her environment as well as to assist the family and client to adapt to illness; thereby facilitating ability to meet needs of the medical care plan. Interventions may include short-term counseling services and educating and/or assisting the guest in obtaining community resources. The SSC collaborates with the physician and other members of the health care team to assist the guest in improving a safe medical recovery.
Services are provided according to the state and federal Long Term Care regulations, and the TRC’s facility policies and procedures. The SSC maintains safety and infection control measures as well as protecting the guest's privacy as indicated in the facility's Policies and Procedures. Additionally, the Social Service Coordinator may be required to perform chart audits to determine compliance and quality of care provided to guests of Santé TRC.
It is an expectation of Santé associates, regardless of job classification, to demonstrate a drive to be of service to others. Santé associates are expected to deliver exceptional customer service to Santé guests and visitors by promptly and compassionately addressing all service requests or needs.
- Assesses the psychosocial status of guests and families/caregivers related to the guest’s illness, injury and/or disability and environment and communicates findings to the clinical care manager and other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Assists Navigator in ensuring completion of Admission packet paperwork within 48 hours of Admission.
- Understands the goals of the plan of treatment and provides services accordingly.
- Employs a variety of brief counseling, behavioral and educational techniques to assist guests to cope with an illness, injury and/or disability.
- Carries out social evaluations, including assessing family dynamics, caregiver abilities, communication patterns, and employs an appropriate intervention based on findings.
- Counsel’s guest and family/caregivers as needed in relationship to stress, and other identified coping difficulties.
- Maintains comprehensive working knowledge of community resources and assists referral sources in accessing community resources should services not be provided by Santé TRC’s.
- Maintains clinical records on all guests documenting psychosocial assessments. Helps guest understand, accept and follow medical recommendations and other services provided that are planned to restore the client to optimum social and health adjustment within his/her capacity.
- Participates in discharge planning from facility when necessary, when skilled nursing services are no longer needed. Promotes continuity of care by making appropriate contact with prior sources of care as requested by the Navigator.
- Maintains a current knowledge of community resources which will meet a variety of guest needs and provides information and referrals to Navigator and other staff members when indicated.
- Available for consultation with physicians, hospitals, clinics or other community agencies as deemed appropriate.
- Submits all clinical record documentation in a complete, timely manner as designated by facility established procedure.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable of Social Work Skilled Nursing Facility practices and procedures, as well as state and federal laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to Long Term Care.
- Experience in medical field and medical terminology preferred
- Two years vocational training or 2 years relevant work experience preferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Able to deal calmly and effectively in high stress situation
- Prompt follow-through, organization skills, , Demonstrates a sense of urgency with an attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Adheres to ethical business practices by striving to perform in a manner that conforms to the highest standards of ethical behavior, integrity and honesty.
- Takes initiative and responsibility for decisions as an individual and as a company. Exhibits commitment to personal and companywide goals.
- Places needs of the guest first at all times. Care management and service delivery are developed with the goals of the guest’s healing and support in mind. Strives to deliver lasting value to our guests in the comfort of their home.
- Must possess the ability to work tactfully with personnel, guests, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public. Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and ability to handle difficult situations with tact and finesse.
Santé offers benefits including insurance (medical, dental, vision, pet, life and disability, paid holidays, 401K, PTO, employee assistance and wellness discounts.Santé offers benefits including insurance (medical, dental, vision, pet, life and disability, paid holidays, 401K, PTO, employee assistance and wellness discounts.
Apply: Online via Indeed.com or at the company website www.santecares.com
To be the undisputed leader in quality and innovation in senior housing and post-acute care.
To provide the highest quality of care and customer satisfaction delivered with warmth, individual pride and team spirit.
- Put people first
- Commit to excellence
- Live a spirit to serve
- Embrace optimism
- Execute best practices
Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to provide documentation confirming authorization to work in the United States. Santé is not able to support VISA sponsorship. To be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Your employment with Santé is at will. This means your employment is for an indefinite period and it is subject to termination by you or Santé with or without cause, with or without notice, and at any time. http://santecares.com/. Santé is “One Team United” and is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.