Sante Tucson has an opening for a Unit Clerk to work part-time. The Unit Clerk is responsible for assisting the nursing staff in their day-to-day recording and charting of medical or administrative information in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern medical records to ensure that our medical records are maintained in an informative and descriptive manner.
Sante of Tucson is a transitional rehabilitation center offering hotel style accommodations, a full service dining restaurant, meditation garden, salon and state-of-the art rehab facilities. Our property is in close proximity to Tucson Medical Center, St. Josephs Hospital and surrounding medical districts.
- Maintain the Daily Census Report and submit to nurse leaders.
- Maintain an up-to-date roster of residents for your assigned unit.
- Fill out resident charge slips and submit to the Business Office.
- Answer telephone, page calls, deliver messages to residents, etc., as necessary.
- Maintain and forward daily tardy and absentee reports to the Business Office.
- Record appropriate resident identification data on designated medical records, wristbands, ID cards, etc., as required.
- Transcribe physicians orders to care plans, medication cards, treatment plans, and report to the nursing staff any discrepancies found in transcribing physicians orders, diet orders/changes, charting, etc.
- Record vital signs as directed.
- Forward new diet orders and/or diet changes to the Culinary Services Supervisor.
- Assist in arranging for and making resident appointments for diagnostic and therapeutic services, and keep nursing service personnel informed of residents appointments.
- Fill out and complete accident and incident reports as directed.
- Admit, transfer, and discharge residents. Assist in arranging for transportation, packing residents belongings, escorting them to discharge/transfer area, loading, etc., as necessary.
- Complete necessary medical and administrative records upon the residents admission, transfer, and/or discharge.
- Notify the nursing staff should a resident be discharged without a physicians order.
- Forward completed charts of discharged residents to the Medical Records/Health Information Department.
- Assist the nursing staff in developing work assignments, schedules, etc., as required.
- Inform nursing service personnel of new admissions, their expected time of arrival, room assignment, etc.
- Encourage attending physicians to record and sign progress notes, physicians orders, etc., on a timely basis and in accordance with current regulations.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) year experience in a clerical position.
- Front Office Medical Assistant or Unit Clerk experience is preferred.
- Experience in a skilled nursing, assisted living or rehab environment preferred.
To be the undisputed leader in quality and innovation in senior housing and post-acute care.
To provide the highest quality of care and customer satisfaction delivered with warmth, individual pride and team spirit.
Put people first
Commit to excellence
Live a spirit to serve
Execute best practices
Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to provide documentation confirming authorization to work in the United States. Sante is not able to support VISA sponsorship.
In order to be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Without this information, candidates cannot be considered for positions to which they may be qualified.